As a busy social media supervisor, you possibly can’t spend all of your time posting updates on the fly. With engagement rates to measure, a social strategy to craft, and your content calendar to take care of, it makes good sense to spend money on bulk scheduling for social media—and save your time for different obligations.
Bonus: Download our free, customizable social media calendar template to easily plan and schedule all your content in advance.
What is bulk scheduling?
Social media bulk scheduling is the practice of organizing and scheduling many posts ahead of time. (With Hootsuite, you can bulk schedule up to 350 posts at once!)
With bulk scheduling, you can:
- Save time and resources to focus on other areas of your role or business
- Streamline and strengthen your social media campaign coordination
- Plan time-sensitive content in advance
- Post when your audience is active and online (no more scrambling at the last minute to gather assets and post in the moment)
Bulk scheduling makes daily posting effortless and takes the worry out of keeping up with your social media calendar. On any given day, you’ll know exactly how many posts will go out and when.
Let’s dive in and explore exactly how to bulk schedule social media posts with Hootsuite.
How to bulk schedule social media posts in 5 easy steps
Visible learners, watch the video under discover ways to bulk schedule social media posts with Hootsuite. Everybody else — hold studying.
Step 1: Obtain Hootsuite’s bulk composer file
To bulk compose and schedule social media posts in Hootsuite, you’ll must comply with a couple of easy steps in preparation, beginning with making ready a bulk submit CSV file to add into Hootsuite:
- Launch your Hootsuite dashboard. On the left, click on Writer.
- On the highest Writer menu, click on Content material.
- From the Content material menu, click on Bulk Composer on the left.
- Click on the Obtain instance button on the correct of the display.
- Open the downloaded CSV file in a program that helps .csv recordsdata, for instance, Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.
Professional tip: We suggest importing the CSV file into Google Sheets. Different software program may mess up the date and time format required to accurately add a bulk submit.
Step 2: Fill out the CSV file
We get it; opening a brand new CSV file appears daunting. However, by following these step-by-step directions, you’ll be bulk scheduling your social posts very quickly.
- In Column A, fill out the date and time you need your submit revealed through the use of one of many supported codecs under:
- day/month/12 months hour:minute
- month/day/12 months hour:minute
- 12 months/month/day hour:minute
- 12 months/day/month hour:minute
- Do not forget that the clock should be in 24-hour format, time should finish in a 5 or a 0, publishing occasions can solely be set for at the least 10 minutes from if you add the file into Hootsuite, and your date format must be constant all through the entire bulk schedule file.
- In Column B, add the caption to your submit, and bear in mind to stick to any social media character limits.
- Need to add pictures, emojis, or movies to your bulk schedule? You’ll be able to add these after you’ve uploaded the CSV file to Hootsuite.
- If you wish to direct your viewers out of your social submit to a selected URL, add a hyperlink in Column C. You’ll be able to select to shorten them to Ow.ly hyperlinks later.
- Save your file and transfer on to the following step.
Reminder: Hootsuite’s bulk composer instrument allows you to schedule 350 posts at a time. You’ll be able to submit all 350 on one social media platform, and even have 50 posts throughout seven totally different platforms!
Step 3: Add the CSV file to Hootsuite
You’re able to add your CSV file containing all of the posts you wish to bulk schedule into Hootsuite.
- Navigate to the Hootsuite dashboard and click on on Writer, Content material, after which click on on Bulk Composer on the left.
- Click on Choose file to add, select your just lately created .csv file, and click on Open.
- Choose the social media platforms you wish to bulk schedule your posts for.
- Examine the field subsequent to Don’t shorten hyperlinks if you would like the total URL to unfurl in your social media submit, or go away it unchecked if you would like your hyperlink to show as ow.ly.
Step 4: Assessment and edit your posts
Hurray! Now you’re able to evaluate your bulk scheduled posts and visualize how they’ll current to your viewers.
- Click on on every submit to evaluate the copy and add any emojis, images, or movies.
Apprehensive that you simply may need made a scheduling mistake? The Hootsuite bulk scheduling instrument will routinely flag errors and let you repair the problems. Nonetheless, keep in mind that you gained’t have the ability to schedule the gathering of posts till you repair them.
Step 5: Bulk schedule your posts
- When you’ve completed reviewing and modifying, click on on Schedule within the backside proper.
- Scheduling may take a couple of seconds, and as soon as Hootsuite has completed scheduling your bulk posts, evaluate them by clicking View scheduled messages.
- Have to make a couple of extra tweaks? Click on on Planner to individually edit your scheduled posts.
And that’s it! You’ve rapidly and simply bulk scheduled posts for Fb, Instagram, Twitter, and different social media platforms in a heartbeat.
5 finest practices for bulk scheduling on social media
One dimension doesn’t match all
Phrase depend differs on every social platform, so be certain that your bulk scheduled posts include the right variety of characters. As of 2021, Twitter has a 280 character restrict, Instagram has 2,200, and Fb has a large 63,206 character restrict.
Preserve your social media copy distinctive for every submit, even when you’re sharing the identical hyperlink. Repeatedly sharing the identical submit with the identical message might flag your account as spam and hinder your probabilities of social media success.
Scheduling isn’t every part
Scheduling shouldn’t be your whole social technique. Save room in your feed for real-time updates and responses, too. Ideally, your social media feed ought to adhere to the rule of thirds:
- ⅓ enterprise promotion to transform readers and generate income
- ⅓ sharing concepts from influencers in your trade or related companies
- ⅓ private tales to assist construct your model
There’s one million new issues you might be doing on social—buyer care is red-hot, social commerce is booming, and TikTok can’t be ignored. Getting misplaced is simple.👀
— Hootsuite (Owly’s Model) (@hootsuite) November 12, 2021
Keep in mind to pay attention
Bulk scheduling is superb for regularly broadcasting to your viewers, nevertheless it’s additionally essential to take the time to pay attention. It’s good to give and obtain, so have interaction along with your followers, reply to feedback, reply to direct messages, and construct relationships.
Need to take social listening one step additional? Hootsuite Insights helps you analyze thousands and thousands of viewers conversations, so your finger is at all times on the heart beat.
Posting persistently on social media is a key part of a profitable social technique— the Fb and Instagram best practice guide even says so.
Creating and sticking to a constant posting schedule will enable your followers to know when your content material is arriving on their feeds and assist construct engagement. Bulk scheduling social posts lets you stick to a regular schedule and ensures that you simply at all times have content material going out in your feed when your viewers expects it.
Save time managing your social presence and use Hootsuite to create, schedule, and submit content material in bulk. Strive it at no cost in the present day.
Simply handle all of your social media in a single place and save time with Hootsuite.